Code of Ethics
All members of the Life Stories Australia Association Inc. (LSA) must agree that they will adhere to LSA’s Code of Ethics that states the core values of our profession. To protect the integrity of the profession and safeguard the interests of individual clients and narrators, all members are expected to:
- Conduct business according to impeccable standards of fairness and integrity
- Represent honestly their qualifications, background, and professional affiliations
- Provide clients with the highest quality of service possible
- Work diligently and with reasonable promptness
- Abide by agreements with clients and narrators, establishing new agreements as necessary
- Act in the best interests of the client, narrator, and profession, avoiding both violations of intellectual property rights (including copyright) and conflicts of interest, activity, or influence
- Respect the inherent worth of all persons
- Respect clients’ and narrators’ wishes about privacy, confidentiality, and nondisclosure
- Respect the right of clients and narrators to hold values, beliefs, attitudes, and opinions that differ from their own
- Respect cultural, individual, and role differences, including those based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status
- Act honourably toward other members of the profession and the field as a whole
Failure to uphold the Code of Ethics will result in expulsion from the Association and forfeiture of any membership dues.
This code of ethics was adopted by the LSA Board of Directors on July 21 2017.
Our members set their own fees and policies. The LSA cannot be held liable for the performance of any of its members including the Board.